A huge cosmic ray observation station is constructed by Chinese scientists.
- cosmic ray observation station that is equivalent to 200 soccer fields in Sichuan province And 4400 meter above the sea level
- The researchers, including those from Queen Mary institute of London in United Kingdom have developed a new dielectric capacitor, a device that stores energy like battery.
- BHIM 2.0: The Ministry of Information Technology announced new initiatives and programs including BHIM 2.0 on October 21. The new version of BHIM 2.0 mobile app includes additional languages, new functionalities and increased transaction limits among other features.
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has announced December 2021 as a deadline for Mission Gaganyaan. Initial training of astronauts for Gaganyaan will be held in India but advanced training has been scheduled in Russia.
- ISRO has developed several types of equipment to launch Gaganyaan with accuracy. The heavy-lift launch vehicle GSLV Mark-III, recovery technology, crew module, space passenger training system, environment control and life support system have been successfully constructed for this mission.
- (WDCR)World Digital Competitiveness Ranking 2019: India Secured 44th in the IMD World Digital Competitiveness Ranking 2019 (WDCR). In 2018, India was ranked at the 48th position and its position this year has improved overall in all factors in technology including future readiness in exploring more digital technologies, knowledge and technology.
Top 5 countries in World Digital Competitiveness Ranking 2019
1. United States
- Astra missile Successfully completed its test, as it was able to accurately engage the live aerial target. The mission Completed as planned. Various radars including Optical Tracking System (EOTS) and sensors were able to successfully track down the missile and confirm its engagement with the live target.
- Astra missile is Sufficiently capable of engaging targets of different ranges and altitudes including short and long-range targets. The missile was launched by the Indian Air force as a part of user trials from Sukhoi-30 MKI.